Monday, August 10, 2009

Intimidation?

What makes a man intimidated to come up to a girl and talk to her? Are men really shy? I think there is a very small percentage that are shy... most are not. I used to believe men were intimidated.... or simply afraid of being rejected. Now, I have realized if the guy does not approach you, he is not interested. After all, I want to be with a man who pursues me, not one that is too "intimidated" to actually talk to me first. He should be the first to talk to me, ask me out, and call me. Not the other way around.... I think men like a challenge and want a challenge. So why not give it to them?!?
If this is not true, then why is it that the shy guy has such a hard time approaching a girl. I have had men who will ask someone else to go check and see if I am "available" first before coming to talk to me. I understand the feeling of rejection... but without the risk, there is no reward. I want to be the risk they are willing to take. If someone passes me by because they were too shy or nervous to ask me out, then it was not meant to be.... or perhaps "he's just not that into me" :p

Here's a funny story... I was on a blind date sitting at the bar while waiting on our table to eat. All the guy wanted to talk about was the final four basketball game that was on the bar TV. I love basketball and all.... but I do not even know this guy, so how about getting to know each other a little! We are on a date, not a sporting event. So, I am sitting there and I get a note passed down the bar to me. Almost had deja vu as if I was in middle school again and the boy passed a note to my desk. EXCEPT I was at a restaurant, the man was in his 40ies and he sent a note down the bar. Here's what it said:
Can't blame him for trying!!!! hahaha!


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

4 comments:

  1. Hey Courtney! That note is HILARIOUS! I miss all your dating stories and YOU! Hope all is well in your world! I would LOVE to catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so what did YOU DO?????????????????? don't leave me hanging!!!!!!
    have you ever read the book "the rules"? i lived by it (this time) & ended up with the best husband ever (this time...).
    OK, fill me in.... i totally would have taken him up on it, unless he was totally disgusting :)
    ~chinamommy/misschell

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I had to say NO. He could have been my father! Of course the date I was on wasn't going that well in the first place. Maybe I should have ditched my date and told him that the other guy was my dad!
    YES! Read the Rules.... GREAT!

    ReplyDelete