Saturday, June 13, 2009

Matchmaker, Matchmaker, Make me a Match....

"Matchmaker, Matchmaker, Make me a match,
Find me a find, Catch me a catch,
Night after night in the dark I'm alone
So find me a match of my own."

A personal matchmaker for love...... a headhunter for your love life...... well, now there's an idea! An idea that I have interesting stories from. Exclusive Matchmaking is a highly confidential elite service that men pay big-bucks to join. These companies are basically executive recruiters for men, trying to find them a woman to date. There are thousands of exclusive matchmaking services out there..... the one the has received the most notoriety and one you have probably heard of is the Millionaire Matchmaker on TV.

The "sale" to me (which was strictly just to get me to agree to go on dates) was that these men were great looking, educated, successful, and ready for commitment. The men just find it hard to date with their busy schedules. And they were going to set me up with men that had same interests, hobbies, goals, etc. I happen to find the TOTAL opposite. Yea, some were successful (so they said), some were educated and none were good looking...... Of course the matchmaking service would not allow me to see their pictures before the date since this was highly confidential. However, they saw my photos! Their excuse was that the men are paying and I am not. So I am now essentially going on serious BLIND DATES! It was always so awkward when I would show up somewhere to meet this mystery man and have no earthly idea what he looks like. After repeat and repeat and repeat of blind dating nightmares, I finally decided to tell these "matchmakers"... thanks, but not thanks. Gonna try my luck on my own... at least I will know what they look like!!!!!!

Mr. Del Frisco Guy and I met at Del Frisco's Steak House and he proceeds to ask nothing about me, instead telling about his life and how successful he is and how much money he has. When we sat to eat, he made it a point to tell the waiter aloud that we would have "the hundred dollar bottle of wine". This kind of attitude does not impress me. He then tells me he had a hilarious story about his best friend. The story was that his best friend was in a serious relationship and got drunk one night, had sex with a stripper, later proposed to his girlfriend, started planning the wedding, found out the stripper was preggers, had his friends tell the fiance, she broke off the wedding, he had a kid, finds out the stripper was crazy, then the ex-girlfriend figured she couldn't do any better so got back with him and now they are getting married. This is funny.... HOW?!?!? I really do not need to know your messed up stories on the first date... I figured if this was his "best friend", then what kind of moral character did he possess? After many stories about his so-called wealth, I was ready to run. Needless to say the date was a nightmare, but I was willing to give this "matchmaking" a few more chances.

Mr. Brainiac was one who didn't feel the need to actually take me to dinner or have an actual real date. Instead, he had an extra ticket to an event at the Dallas Nasher Sculpture Center. Ok, fine... we shall see. Maybe he'd be a looker.... As I meet my blind date, I realize he is definitely not a looker and I am going to have to find a way to get the hell out early! As we walked around the sculptures, he quizzed me to see if I knew what the sculptures represented. Did I have an eye for these unique art sculptures or was I just a dumb blonde? Not to brag, but yes... I could figure out what this art was. He was especially impressed but what I described as "Vertebrae". Come one, who cares?!?!?! I find out he takes all his first dates there because he tells me no other date he's taken there has gotten that correct... and I did a lot better in interpreting the sculptures than his last dates. Really? Am I taking a test or on a date? Bye bye Mr. Boring Brainiac!

Mr. Comedian came from NYC to meet me. So, Mr. Comedian talked exactly like the guys from the Sopranos! He talked about his life in NYC and the businesses he owned. He also told me he was a stand up comedian..... now that's interesting! Interesting up until he decided to do his routine for me. Oh no!!!! I'm in a restaurant with a 5'5" loud guy from the Bronx doing a stand up comic routine. Does it get any worse? Oh... and it was not funny, so obviously it did get worse. He calls me the next day and leaves a voicemail telling me who he is and reminding me I met him for lunch the day before (really?!?) and he would like to take me out again when he is back in town. At least he tells me that if he doesn't hear back from me, he will take that as a clue that I am not interested. (more men should follow his lead here)

Mr. Geek is your stereotypical engineer. He was nerdy and too smart for his own good. He said that he wanted to do something "different" for our first meeting. So, we met at the House of Blues for a Sunday Gospel Brunch. This is a 5'6" geeky white guy, by the way. So we are at a this gospel music show and the singers are bringing people from the audience on stage. Mr. Geek tells the waitress (without me knowing) to pull me on stage. So, here I am... on stage with a bunch of Gospel Singers on Sunday morning looking out to see Mr. Geek dancing with absolutely no rhythm and clapping off beat....... I wanted to run back stage, head for the exit and never be seen again! NEXT!!

Mr. List Maker is a nice guy in his 40's that has no social skills. He decided to email me about our first date...here's how it went.......
So for our date do you want:
1) Eat dinner at a mexican food restaurant, then go dancing at club
2) Eat dinner at at a steak house, then go try out wines at a wine bar
3) Eat dinner at a seafood restaurant, then go catch a movie

I tried to let this list making slide... trying to think it was a little humorous at first. So, after our first date and I knew we were never going out again, he emailed me

So you....
1) Know that I'm interested and what my intentions are
2) Have the chance to make it clear if your are interested
3) Should let me know if you aren't interested to avoid any uncomfortable moments
So would you like to go out on another date?

Sorry Mr. List Maker... here is my answer:
1) NO
2) Not a chance
3) Never, ever, ever again

Don't get me wrong, this guy was nice.....just NO social skills!
I am not saying all matchmaking services are alike.... its just the ones I have tried were not for me!!!! Have not had luck on this route... so.......NEXT!!!!





MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

8 comments:

  1. OMG
    I'm cracking up!!!! #1.love it! #2. Where do they find these guys?! #3. Boo rich guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. flippin hilarious! these guys are such weirdos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you only allow positive feedback? I see my first comment has been removed which lowers your blog to "rant" status. If you truly wanted a positive change you would accept both positive and negative feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, this commenting section is not for bitter guys that I have dated and dumped to get on here and express their irritation with me. This is in all good and fun and your previous comment was strictly a retaliation, not "feedback". Oh, and this is MY blog and I will delete any comments I wish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was great! Hilarious!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete