Tuesday, June 9, 2009

It's a small world after all......


It's a small world after all..... As I was a kid going through that boat ride at Disney World I was thinking "how is it a small world??" The world seemed so big and so untouched, so how could those little toys be singing "it's a small world after all...."

Now that I am 30 and single, I realize how small of a world it actually is...... and it SUCKS! In your 30ies most people are married and the dating pool gets smaller and smaller. If you are in a town where you know a lot of people and have been out dating.... you begin to wonder how is it that you keep running into the same crowd of these "single" people. I try to be social at charity and fundraising events, try to meet people at church, and meet guys at networking events... all to run into the same crowds and the same single guys. Now I am sure there are plenty more men out there in the clubby bar scene, but since I do not plan on meeting my future husband there, I don't frequent those. Of course I do throw in some "friend of a friend" dates and online dating, but it still seems to circle back around to the same crowd.

Everyone jokes about being in a "bubble" here in Dallas and this bubble sure gets smaller and smaller the older you get. What really sucks is when you run into girls you know that have dated or are dating your ex. You really begin to think you want to move out of this city! Why is it that women feel the need to air their dirty laundry about your ex or perhaps their ex that you have dated?!?!?! Like it is some competition on who's dated who! I ran into a girl who has dated my ex and she goes on to tell me how "good" he was......please put the bedtime stories to rest!!! The ex-girlfriends do not want to hear it! Ladies, please do not feel the need to explain that you have recently hooked up with, had an amazing date with, or plan to sleep with the guy that is an ex of the girl you are chatting with. ALSO, do not feel the need to tell horrible stories about a previous guy you dated, just because someone else is interested in him. If the boy has committed a crime, has STDs, or is lying about being single, lying about having kids, or something of that magnitude, then fine... all is fair in love and war. Tell the sister. But DO NOT go on to tell her you dated 3 years ago, but he called you last week for a booty call. Who is to believe who here??? Of course if this was your best friend talking, you would definitely listen... but the girls I am talking about here are girls that are acquaintances or casual friends. And actually all these stories have happened to me! Bottom line is ......Ladies, do not compare notes on ex-boyfriends... please!!!

For the guys out there.... remember women talk. Be careful who you go home with and definitely who you sleep with. For the obvious reasons of course..... but better yet, for the simple fact that the "hook-up" could be blabbing to some girl that could of been your future wife!!! Talk, talk, talk.... I wish more women could have the attitude "what happens behind closed doors, stays behind closed doors". But unfortunately a lot don't.... and you never know who is talking!

I know there are a "lot of fish in the sea".... but I sure need a bigger pool to swim in!!!


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

3 comments:

  1. It's such a small world.. And now I have that crazy song stuck in my head!!! AHH!!! ;0

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a bigger pool to swim in too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its really crazy to come across people who know your ex. I can tell coz i've been in that situation (except, the girls who know him didnt date him). i secretly kinda like that we have surprising connections because that means i get to know things about him. Ab the same time though, its hard because you also get to find out about things you dont wanna know. whats harder is the thought of you not really having the opportunity to stay away from him because you know that even if you try, you still share common friends and you'll never know who else knows him.

    ReplyDelete