Thursday, June 4, 2009

Don't Recycle

Recycle your cans, recycle your bottles, recycle your paper bags, just do not recycle your men! You broke up for one reason or another. Whatever the reason was, do not think things have changed or ever will. You are basically weeding out the bad seeds in this wonderful world we call dating, so do not go backwards and re-date the same guy, repeat the same thing that you have already gone through. That is exactly what it will be... the same hurt, frustration, and disappointment. It was over then and it should stay that way. I know he says he has changed. Well, great!!! Tell him it is good he has changed and you are glad he will treat the next girl better... but the next girl won't be you!

Here are some examples of past experiences with re-daters. When you originally meet a guy at a bar...... remember this when he calls you on a SUNDAY night to pick him up from the bar because he can't drive. When you think he drinks too much, you are probably right. As time has passed, and you decide to go back out with him because he has "gotten things figured out in his life"..... don't be surprised when you go out and he asks to stay the night because he has had "too much to drink". Really? I swear I have heard that line before. GET A CAB because it is not my problem you drank too much and it is not my problem you think you are going to use that line to try and get laid!

When a guy that told me he loved me and wants to marry me after 2 weeks of dating... then suddenly says "I am not feeling it". If this or something similar happens to you.....Keep in mind, there is ALWAYS more to the story!!! More that you probably didn't want or need to know in the first place. Don't plead with him...LET HIM GO! But wait, in this case he actually called me back 6 weeks later to explain the story. His ex-girlfriend called and said she was pregnant with his child and they got back together to have it. Oh, wait... then he found out that was a lie and wants to know when we can go out again. Whoops! Sure I will go out with you....when hell freezes over. Thanks, but no thanks.

When guys you date suddenly fall off the radar, realize that they have found someone else and moved on. When they call you back to date again... remember you weren't good enough, fun enough, or easy enough the first go around and you do not want to be sloppy seconds.

Fighting, breaking up and getting back together.... then doing it all over again. This is a problem ladies. It is a HUGE red flag. I don't care how long you have been with him and love him, this is a sign this roller coaster is never stopping. Prepare to be riding on it for the rest of your relationship.... or until you get divorced or die. Of course, every couple fights..... but when the fights escalate to the extreme of a hateful breakup, it is probably meant to be OVER the first time it happens! I know, I know... a few days later the remorse sets in, the apologies (and usually tears) set in and you are back with him. Not for long though, because remember.... this is a roller coaster and what goes up must come down. Sooner than later there is another blow out and the entire process repeats. Get off the roller coaster!

Remember: Friends don't let friends RECYCLE.






MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

4 comments:

  1. SOoooooo true my dear!!! I couldn't have said it any better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never ever recycle! I have learned this over my life and it never works. You are dead on sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I am laughing at you right now Court! I will not mention any names! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said! Amen!

    ReplyDelete