Monday, May 18, 2009

Menage a Trois

Take a walk on the wild side.... hmmmm, that's what my nice red blend of Menage a Trois says on the bottle. Have I been "walking on the wild side"? There are days I most certainly wish I wasn't where I am.... but many other days I am certainly grateful I have come this far and worked hard on becoming emotionally healthy to know what I want out of life and love.

I am going to have to back track on some of my previous dates so you can get some laughs from what has already happened....

Once you have gone through a breakup or divorce, everyone of your friends becomes the ultimate matchmaker. “Oh…. I have this perfect person for you.”, “Now you are single, you have to meet my friend”, “My friend of a friend of a friend would be a great match for you” Really, have YOU even met them???, "I have this wonderful guy I know. Wouldn't that be great to go on double dates!" UGH... NO! Actually do you even know me? Because if you did, you would never set me up with this complete loser. Of course you can't say that to your friends who are in serious relationships and desperately want to set you up with anyone! Maybe they do this because they feel sorry for me? Or perhaps they are sick of seeing me be the third wheel? or perhaps they so desperately want to see me with someone so I am "off the market"? or perhaps they really, truly think this guy is great for me?

I have also done the going out bit.... Drinking, dancing, drinking more... that is EXACTLY how I want to pick up my husband. Drink till he's cute! Seriously, most boys (some men) are there in hopes to have a hook up night with the last girl hardly standing at the bar! Seriously, the drunker she is, the better the chance he can say "you are great, let me take you home" or "you are the most gorgeous girl in the room, come home with me" and magically he is Prince Charming and she is thinking he is "the one". WHAT?!?! At 30, we know better.... or should!

So now what? A little online dating? A little speed dating? A little "exclusive match-making"? How do you meet people? Oh right... so I have heard a gazillion time... "when you least expect it!" Seriously?!?! I am not a patient person... I need to be proactive in my opinion. Searching, seeking, and having these wonderfully wild date nights! :) EXCITEMENT.... give me some EXCITEMENT! Unless I am marrying the UPS or FedEx man, he will not be dropped on my doorstep! PUHLEASE! Come on ladies, get out there.... meet some people. Now some stories on how it went down!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

1 comment:

  1. Hey Courtney! Stacie told me to come read your blog and I am already laughing...I LOVED the comment "unless I am marrying the UPS or FedEx man, he will not be dropped on my doorstep!" Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete