Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Texting as communication....

It is quite wonderful we are in an "instant communication" era. Where we can get a hold of people on an instant? Email, text, facebook, twitter.... If you want to have a relationship with someone, do not use this as a form of communication.

Texting is meant to be used as a form of letting someone know something instantly..... like "I will be at your place in 10minutes" or "pick up some milk at the store" or "I will call you when I get out of my meeting". Texting is NOT meant for a means of relationship building, arguing, breaking up, or professing ones deepest feelings. Men, please pick up the phone and learn to communicate like a big boy. If you have something you want to get off your chest, pick up the phone.... don't wuss out and text so you do not have to properly communicate. Text messages can be misconstrued. If you have something to say, THEN SAY IT..... VERBALLY.

People have become flat out lazy when it comes to communicating. I will admit... I have fallen into the texting game. But am so tired of it being the main way of communicating when you are trying to build a relationship. I used to have text arguments with my ex. He claimed he could express his feelings better through text messages. Well, how in the world did you communicate when texting was non-existent!?!?!

I have been asked out on a date via text, was first told "i love you" via text, was broken up with and "yelled" at... all over text (ALL CAPS MEANS YOU ARE YELLING). This is a serious problem. Statistics said... as of last year, there were 75 BILLION text messages sent per month!!! If you are looking for a relationship, lets be adults and talk. Talk in person, talk on the phone, just talk!



MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

4 comments:

  1. Love your blog sis! Keep the stories coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is applicable to friends too, HELLO...lets not have a conversation via text, pick up the phone and call, I agree so annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. who pissed in your oatmeal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got rid of a guy because all he wanted to do is text...I mean really. He told me he didn't like to talk on the phone...really...we'll then I don't really like you.
    This is my favorite posting yet. Keep them coming girl!

    ReplyDelete